California State Water Board Certified!
As required by California state and regional authorities, property owners are responsible for ensuring NO trash is allowed to pass through storm water systems into waterways. StormTek, exclusively available from SWIMS, has been approved by the California State Water Board and is in use across the state. With thousands of devices installed across California, StormTek is proven to be reliable, durable, and easy to maintain.
StormTek for 100% Full Trash Capture
How We Work
Request a Free Estimate
One of our experts in your area will arrange a convenient time.
Receive Your Quote
Get a customized quote for StormTek devices, including installation and maintenance.
Enjoy System Compliance
We’ll fabricate and install all the trash capture devices your property needs.
StormTek, certified by the California State Water Board, is one of the most widely used full trash capture devices in the state. Just some of the benefits of choosing StormTek:
- Industry-leading 5 year warranty
- Quick and seamless installation
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Retrofits to any size or shape catch basin
- Uses up to 90% of catch basin sump
- Accommodates any size project or number of devices
Considering a Full Trash Capture device? You may have questions about StormTek. If your question isn’t answered below, contact us for assistance.
- Q: Where is the StormTek device and device materials manufactured?
- A: USA
- Q: Does StormTek/SWIMS Install the device?
- A: We offer installation services across the state of California. For customers outside of California, please contact us so we can assist in arranging for installation or provide you and your team with documentation and training.
- Q: Does StormTek/SWIMS provide on-going maintenance for the device?
- A: For California-based sites, we are available for maintenance services. Elsewhere, we can provide training. Luckily, StormTek is designed to be easily maintained using standard storm water system maintenance equipment.
- Q: Does StormTek come with a warranty?
- A: Yes, when StormTek purchase is paired with on-going maintenance, SWIMS provides an industry leading 5-year warranty.
- Q: How do I know if StormTek will fit a catch basin?
- A: The Stormtek device can be retro-fit for any catch basin over 18” x 18”.
- Q: What sizes are available?
- A: Each device is custom made for each catch basin.
StormTek is designed to attach to the existing catch basin wall, in front of the outflow pipe. The devices are made of durable stainless steel and heavy gage sheet metal screen.
For more details, click on the image to the right for a drawing, or the link below for the material specification.
StormTek (Connector Pipe Screen) catch basin filters should be cleaned twice annually, depending up on surrounding conditions. How we ensure proper, compliant cleaning:
- Remove the device
- Vactor out all sediment and debris
- Pressure wash device and catch basin
- Replace the device
Our ongoing maintenance service includes detailed compliance reports, providing before and after pictures of the cleaning service.