Opportunity: Yard Operations Coordinator – Livermore, CA
For over 20 years SWIMS has been leading the way in the storm water industry in California. Driven by a mission to keep California’s waterways and coastline clean, we strive to provide superior customer service while developing and maintaining long-term relationships with honesty and integrity.
The new Yard Operations Coordinator will join a growing team at SWIMS that is interested in your development and success. We invest in our people and promote from within. The ideal candidate for this position will be:
- Service oriented
- Capable of working independently and in a team setting
- Organized and detail oriented
- Thorough, yet good at managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Efficient at both physical tasks and communicating via phone and computer
Basic Job Responsibilities:
The Yard Operations Coordinator will support Livermore operations in administrative and technical functions, focusing on scheduling for all departments; to include but not limited to, Stormwater System Maintenance, Erosion Control & Street Sweeping. Employee will be responsible for overall condition of the Livermore yard to include but not limited to the yard, warehouse and office area.
The below bullets are not meant to be all encompassing but an overview of some of the key functions of this role.
- Support in backup capacity on Post-Con Scheduling and Dispatch: Email clients regarding service dates/times/special projects. Assist crews with contacting clients when job site is negatively affected.
- Call Street Sweeping clients to confirm needs and schedule accordingly. Fill out 3-part forms.
- Schedule Erosion Control workload: partner with Field Supervisors and Project Managers to arrange crews and equipment. Use Outlook Schedule to schedule and arrange supplies & equipment. Fill out 3-part forms.
- Yard Maintenance: Maintain pit and pad. Clean ware tank and filters. Maintain and replace BMP in V-ditch. Maintain yard supplies and overall condition of yard. Maintain equipment parking & organization. Maintain Post Con cartridge area and coordinate replenishment orders as needed. Order supplies as needed, keeping the operations manager informed before purchasing.
- Warehouse Maintenance: Maintain warehouse supplies and overall condition of warehouse. Monitor supply inventory using weekly inventories as well as daily schedules. Order supplies as needed, keeping the operations manager informed before purchasing.
- Source new vendors to reduce supply expenses and improve service.
- Point of contact for Project Manager’s on specialty supplies. Confirm via email when arrives and inform local leadership as well.
- Point of contact for Accounts Payable on all supply expenses. Maintain records of supply receipts. Maintain records of Finta and All Clean picks up.
- Primary resource for all special deliveries and will call pickups.
- Primary resource to receive and stock all supply inventory.
- Liaison with Brentwood offices regarding Livermore Operations.
- Liaison with clients, vendors and outside resources.
- Answer phones, file, and post documents.
Additional Job Duties:
- Perform related duties as required.
- Drive pick-up trucks, stake bed trucks with trailers for pick-up and delivery of materials to job sites and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and/or willing and able to be trained on standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in the area of assigned work, including BMP installation, BMP maintenance and street sweeping.
- Knowledge of and/or willing and able to be trained on work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned area of work.
- Knowledge of and/or willing and able to be trained on equipment maintenance and skill in the operation of various equipment including street sweepers, skip loaders, trenchers, pressure washers, blowers and mowers/weed whackers, Bobcat, pumps, generators.
- Basic skill in writing routine reports and documents. Competent on MS Office.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions, read and interpret documents and construction drawings.
- Always be professional & courteous to clients and teammates.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/up to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
Ready to apply? Tell us more about yourself below.