Opportunity: Street Sweeper Operator – Livermore, CA
We are seeking a highly capable Street Sweeper Operator to maintain the cleanliness and safety of our customers construction sites. Your duties will include driving specialized vehicles, operating vehicle controls and attachments, and gathering refuse and debris for collection. You may also be required to operate blowers, brooms, shovel, and pressure washers.
Street Sweeper Operator will possess advanced skills in operating street sweeping vehicles and equipment and demonstrate knowledge of safety regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch Street Sweeper Operator is proactive, and dedicated to keeping the customers constructions sites clean and the streets safe. Work subjects the employee to inside and outside environmental conditions, extremes in temperatures, and hazards associated with equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases, and mists. Work may be supervised by the customers designated representative (Superintendent) as well as SWIMS Field Supervisor for adherence to instructions and established standards. This position is based in our Livermore, CA office.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks to include but not limited to street sweeper, blower, hand-tools. Willingness and ability to learn to use this and other equipment as needed.
- Filling the street sweeper’s water tanks and operating rotary brushes and water spray controls.
- Exercising caution when operating in confined spaces, congested streets and construction sites.
- Clearing trash, debris, snow, and contaminants from streets and curbs.
- Securely fastening vehicle attachments such as brush hogs and hydraulic hoses.
- Maintaining street sweeper vehicles and equipment by performing daily cleaning and conducting standard checks.
- Reporting any incidents or mechanical failures to management.
- Adhering to traffic safety regulations by using appropriate signaling and signage.
- Maintaining accurate driver logs and 3-part forms.
- Ensure that all provided tools are stowed in assigned lockers and that keys to assigned truck are returned to designated lock box.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in performing street sweeping operations.
- Advanced proficiency in operating specialized vehicles and equipment.
- Safe driving record and advanced driving skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Working knowledge of vehicle and standard equipment maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of safe operating practices and traffic safety regulations.
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and incident reporting.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions, read and interpret documents and construction drawings.
- Always be professional & courteous to clients and teammates.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/up to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
Ready to apply? Tell us more about yourself below.